Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ME AND THE V8 VANTAGE




Everybody has good and bad days at the office. I don't work in an office, but the saying holds true for me too.

This was a good day, a very good one. It started with a call from Times reporter, Andrea Nagel, during which she asked me if I would be kind enough to take some time out of my day to test the Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

Gee, let me think about this one.. YES!!!

0-100 in 4.9 seconds. V8, 4.7 litres, 420 BHP and 470 nm torque with a top speed of 290km/hr. Just in case you were wondering, NO I am not merely repeating facts. I am, in fact a complete petrol head. If you don't believe me, just ask Thomas the motor journo for The Times.  What can I say, I'm an only child and my dad wanted a boy.

This car was taylor made for me, down to the devilish red color which incidentally matched not only the sole of my louboutins but my high-speed, hard cornering inner soul too. In fact, the only fault I can lay on the car is the rather jerky gear change when it's in automatic. But when you look like that, why should you need to know how to change your own gears ;-p

Check out the Drive Times in The Times Newspaper today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment