Sunday, October 4, 2009

DAY 'N NITE

This past Saturday was a full day of functions. Starting at the HYATT Hotel in Rosebank and ending at Manhattan nightclub for the CLEO Bachelor of the Year Awards.

We were scheduled to arrive at the Hyatt for drinks and lunch with Pepsi and Lays at 11.30, but owing to my severe lack of skills when it comes to doing my own hair and then Oxford street being closed due to the Gay Pride Parade, we were running a little late. Not a problem really, we were all running late. Unfortunately, I was at a slight disadvantage due to the fact that my foot was still bandaged from my failed attempt at wrestling a Landrover (long story, suffice it to say - I am not a Transformer).

It was so fabulous to be with friends, including Bjorn Steinbach, Isabella de Villiers and Porteus Xandau. After realizing that the bar stools we were sitting on were adjustable, there was no end to the childish fun at the table (see Porteus below enjoying lunch from the Munchkin POV)



Next up was the ICC Cricket semi final between New Zealand and Pakistan. After 20 minutes of fun in the sun in the stands (Some of us burn real easy,) we popped up to the box for more food and wine (Thank you Neels!) where we enjoyed an afternoon of watching boys, bats, fours and sixes.







Next up was a quick dash back to the Hyatt hotel to freshen up and change in preparation for the Cleo Bachelor of the Year Awards at Manhattan nightclub. Now, usually I am completely opposed to this particular watering hole and as such was slightly unsure as to whether I wanted to proceed to the next appointed venue. But boy am I glad I did. The reason you ask?

The food! This was by far the best food I have had at a function in a long time. So good in fact, that we strategically placed ourselves next to the kitchen so that we could take full advantage of pretending to be Manhattan's quality control.







By the time we had actually stuffed ourselves and taken some questionable photos with the cupcakes (much to the disapproval of the 'lesser-fun-having' guests) all of us had almost forgotten that we were here to witness the 'crowning' of Cleo's newest bachelor of the year.




I did however manage to catch the last little bit on tape. Congratulations to Egoli and Big Brother's Stefan Ludik...





1 comment: