Monday, September 28, 2009

10 DIET TIPS THAT REALLY WORK:

I don’t know about you, but I am so tired of spending my time reading articles like ‘How to lose 20 pounds in 20 days and keep it off.’ False Advertising! Give me a break, if losing weight was that easy we wouldn’t have fat people. Dieting is hard, but here are some things you can do that really will work:

1) Eat breakfast – ‘Brekkie’ kick starts your metabolism and stops you getting ravenous and stupid later in the day.
2) Don’t eat white (It’s similar to the whole ‘don’t wear white’ philosophy – I’m seeing a trend here.) The colour culprits to avoid are bread, pasta, sugar and potato.  Now don’t just go eat tons of wholewheat cake just because it’s not white – rye breads and fresh veggies (green is a good colour; this goes for your lifestyle too)



3) Snacking really works, as long as you not snacking on cheese curls and butterfingers. Stick to 150-200 calorie snacks between meals. It keeps your blood sugar level and in my case it also helps to keep my temper in check. I admit it, I’m a bitch when I’m hungry and nobody likes a bitch.
4) If you are going to a party, the finger food that will be served is the diet devil! Eat a light snack before you go, it will keep you going until dinner and help you resist the chips and dip.
5) Eat off a smaller plate, so that your portion size is smaller. My alternative here if you don’t want people to notice this odd behaviour is ‘leave a little for the mouse.’ You don’t ever need to clear your plate.
6) Spice up your life – I’m talking about your plate not your bed (although that does go on my top 10 exercise tips.) Spicy food helps keep hunger at bay and the pepper increases metabolism – just don’t over do it, if you can’t eat the food, you’ll go hungry and you’ll be eating huge slices of white cake at eleven at night.



7) Soup and salad makes for a great diet meal. Veggie soup is low in calories (not the creamed one ladies) so you can eat more of it if you are hungry.
8) Don’t do the grocery shopping on an empty stomach. If you do, your trolley, unbeknownst to you or the powers of the dietary universe, will suddenly be filled with convenience food, chocolates, chips and pastries. Eat before you shop and if you don’t have time, grab some ready-to-eat baby carrots or grapes off the shelf and snack while you shop.
9) Grilled and steamed is always better than fried, but one day a week allow yourself an indulgence. Not only will it keep you sane, but it can be a great motivator giving you something to look forward to.
10) Oh, breastfeeding is also a great way to burn calories, but getting pregnant and having a baby has to come first and that seems a lot of work to burn that extra 500 calories a day.

1 comment:

  1. I am so gonna try this asap, need to share off some of those calories cause my butt looks like Oprah's now...LOL

    ReplyDelete