Monday, July 27, 2009

Say it with me: Let's bring back the speedo!




Now before all you fashionistas and normal peeps decide to have me swiftly removed from cyberspace and placed on some 'what were you thinking' hit list, I am not talking about reinstating the 'speedo cool' factor for flabby men on the beach in summer that like to flaunt a pasty white paunch!

I am in fact talking international swimming competitions. It has been a controversial topic for a while now. The argument against these new LZR racers being that they are performance enhancing (for those of you who don't follow sport at all, you can liken it to a girl in a push up bra in a bar - it gives an edge over the competition)

This argument doesn't sway me one way or another. My issue is this: I find the goggles and cap detracting enough, now these men are wearing unitards. I may as well watch seals swim up and down the lanes. 

Bring back the speedo, and the abs and pecks that are displayed with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment